Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekend plans.

I hear that there is this thing called the Superbowl. I am not sure what it is really all about, but it seems to be popular. I don't even know who is playing in it, how many baskets will be scored, or who the goalies are. I don't "heart" football.

But despite my lack of interest in all things field/court sports related, I am being tasked with working this Sunday to keep things happy in case issues crop up with the game (I work for a communications company). So no big rides for me. I will get out, perhaps both days, but they have to be shorter rides. I will take the SS for maximum results.

Besides, the Lev needs a near total breakdown and check-up after Camp Lynda 2.0 and the giant sand and grit polishing machine that the St G. desert laid down that weekend. I also need to re-fit the zippy Carbon Edge wheels for continued testing.

Besides, besides, my back is very cranky right now. In fact, some times I can barely move or breath without wincing in pain, then, a bit later I am pretty mobile. I seem to be able to ride, but a long day over rough terrain may be a bit over the top.

I hope that the weekend finds you on a bike in some form or another. And, if you actually watch that Superbowl thing, drop me a line and let me know who won the match.

No comments: