Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Plague, I'm sure of it.

So, I am sitting here with great weather outside for this time of year, blogging instead of riding. The Santa Ana winds have things warmed up for the moment and the rain is a few days away, possibly the same storm that has the Pacific Northwest under water and in the dark right now. And here I sit, plague ridden, Bubonic probably. Could be Cholera or Dengue fever though. Hard to say.

Kinda achey, kinda drippy, kinda tired-wanna-crawl-under-a-blanket-and-sleep-all-day feeling. Yep. Malaria, I reckon. A quick perusal though my favorite blogs says much of the same thing. Apparently it is a nationwide plague as many other blogger/cyclists are stricken. I know how they feel, to be cut down in our prime like this. Pity.

Hopefully I will be done with this soon, this viral drip machine that is my sinus, and I will return to normal, whatever that is.

Now that I have had time to think about it, definitely Yellow Fever, likely the 24 hour kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micahel - I enjoyed reading about your trip ... the one to Utah I couldn't go on! I like your writing style, light comedy, and quips. Hopefully next time, with sufficient notice, I can ride along. Working for myself and the demans of my 6 and 7.5 year olds keeps a tight reign on the mountain biking pleasures I'd like to seek (except for the six day August 2008 trip on the Colorado Trail) that we're hoping you're well enough by then to join us.