Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In the recovery zone

So, I had not ridden since the Saturday big ride. Tuesday came around and after working a normal work shift on Monday and going back in on Tuesday 12:01 am to work until Tues morning, I came home, napped a bit, and then hooked up with a local ride on Tues eve.

I really felt pretty good after the weekend, I even went on Sunday and did some volunteer trail building work. I figured I was ready to ride a 4 mile climb, pretty steep and constant.

I figured wrong.

Man was I slooooooooooooooowwwwwww. Criminy.

I guess I need a bit more time in between hard efforts these days or some of it could have been the lack of sleep....dunno. Likely both. I should have just spun around town for an hour or so, then slow would have been OK!

Ah, the joy of approaching 5 decades of life on earth. So what is that saying? "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Apparently I need more space between the "once" moments these days.

No comments: