Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving morning.

Thanksgiving morning dawned cool and overcast and I joined a ride up a nearby canyon that KT the Man hosted.  There were all kinds of people there.

Old guys on singlespeeds...


guys who used to be really fast...

 
Bicycle Bettys...


...and a bunch of other folks.  Looking around you would think it was an Ibis Bikes only ride as it seems the Ibis Demo van was in town.  Neat bikes.  We all headed up into the clouds in search of singletrack.


The Old Guy on the SS beat me to the top...the Guy Who Used to be Fast still is (some things never change), and I rode up talking to Bicycle Betty and KT the Man.  I have known some of these folks for over 20 years and that is a lot of pedal time.  I was thankful to be there, if only for part of the ride (family obligations) and it was good to see old friends and be on a bike.  Great combination.  I am always thankful of what I have been blessed with and I know from where all blessings come.  May I never forget.

Obligatory hero shot....


No comments: